Saturday, February 2, 2013

Exodus: Chapters 37 through 40

(This reading was done on 2/1/2013; published on 2/2/2013)

Hello my Internites and my apologies on such a late posting.  This weekend was church conference time so I hope there is some understanding.

I am both elated about the reading and a little chagrined about the reading today.  Elated because tomorrow I move onto another book, Leviticus begins!  I am a bit chagrined though because today will be another small posting without a lot of information on it.  I feel I should add more to what I read but unfortunately there just was not anything for me with this read, nothing that stood out and demanded attention like I have had before.  Again, I apologize if I have let anyone down.

I started with a prayer of understanding and help to use what I can in the scripture for my every day life.  I ended the prayer as I usually do, with a thanks for the blessings I have had so far with my studying.

Exodus 37-40
While these were awesome chapters, they describe the actual creation of the ark of the congregation as well as the tabernacle that was built.  Since this described the ark itself they read as the previous chapters did with regards to the specifics of the building of the tabernacle and the ark.

Again the thought continued to come to me that this description was necessary somehow, was kept in there for a reason, but I have no idea why I kept getting that thought.  From what I understand, most people think that Moses wrote the first 4 books of the Bible: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers.  If this is the case then it could possibly be so exact because Moses wrote it and had the first hand knowledge of the measurements.  However, there is just something else that keeps dancing around in my head.  Questions I have about the exactness of it all still linger and I do not know why it would be included in the Bible unless it needed to be in there, if that makes any sense.

I am hoping that it comes to me somehow or that I understand the reasoning behind it but I do not know if I ever will.

Well tomorrow I start on Leviticus and to be honest I am apprehensive.  This is, by FAR, the farthest I have read into the bible at all except small portions here and there.  This has been and will continue to be new territory for me and I hope that I do not disappoint with my ramblings.

With that, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow as soon as I get back fromtearing down the Stake Center after our conference.

(Reading for 2/2/13 - Leviticus: 1-5  - will be posted 2/3/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment