Friday, February 1, 2013

Exodus: Chapters 33 through 36

(This reading was done on 1/31/2013; published on 2/1/2013)

Hello my fellow Internites, once again I am here to say a few words on what I have learned and what I have read.  Hopefully, this finds you well and that you are also basking in the words of the Lord.

I started again with a simple prayer for discernment and interpretation, to understand the information that is given to me and that I can use the information in my everyday life.

Exodus 33: 11
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

I love this passage because of the interpretation of it all.  The fact that Moses stood face to face with God himself, like a friend!  That would be glorious.  I hope we all get a chance to do this, not with prayer, and not with being close to God, but to physically know that I can see God face to face.  I can only begin to imagine how something like that would be.

Exodus 34: 30
30 And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.

This says to me that Moses was with God upon the mount and when he came down, after 40 days and 40 nights, Moses' face shone.  I can only imagine the brilliance that Moses commanded while being in the presense of God for 40 days and nights.  This seems pretty powerful to me and it made me imagine what Aaron and those that witnessed this went through.  I imagined when I am driving down the road and there is a glare on the window or the sun is setting and coming right through the windows.  It burns my eyes, that brightness that makes it unable to focus or even look ahead of you.  That kind of brilliance is what went through my mind when I read that.

Exodus 35: 29
29 The children of Israel brought a willing offering unto the Lord, every man and woman, whose heart made them willing to bring for all manner of work, which the Lord had commanded to be made by the hand of Moses.

For me I would do whatever was needed when the call came out.  I can see this, and I do every Sunday, when someone needs help, or some task needs to be done, people will gladly volunteer their time to help with whatever is needed.  This kind of service is what we should all be doing.  To bow down in servitude and offer to your fellow man whatever is needed for God.  This is beauty and makes me proud to see those who serve the Lord.

Exodus 36:
5 And they spake unto Moses, saying, The people bring much more than enough for the service of the work, which the Lord commanded to make.
6 And Moses gave commandment, and they caused it to be proclaimed throughout the camp, saying, Let neither man nor woman make any more work for the offering of the sanctuary. So the people were restrained from bringing.

I hear information like "churches are only there for the money," or something of the like.  While those of us who are loyal and faithful church goers do give 10% it is because we have faith, that our tithing is used for work that will enhance the church.

This though, made me laugh.  The elders (or wisemen) came to Moses and said "we have too much, you need to tell everyone to stop!"  Moses promtply did it.  This is amazing to me, why would Moses stop, because churches are not in it for just the money.  They are in to help the people that come unto them.  There are charities that churches help, adminstering of the poor and sick, missions, upkeeps of church, all in the name of God.

(Reading for 2/2/13 - Exodus: 37-40  - will be posted 2/3/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment